The Field Officer- Protection will oversee the implementation of the Child Protection project in the respective district/AP ensuring compliance with WVIN’s sectoral and quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms as provided to their role. The role will be responsible for implementing the project and monitoring the performance of field mobilizers, ensuring that project staffs have access to appropriate technical and functional support, and managing relationships with sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments at the field level.
The incumbent strives in empowering community groups, households and institutions to address and manage the issues to sustain. The local resources are managed well to effectively run the project interventions for a longer run.
This position requires to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities. Along with this, the incumbent requires to integrate with other sectors and cross cutting themes to yield broader impact more effectively and efficiently.
· Implement Child Protection project and monitor progress of the team in implementation of project ensuring projects are delivered on scope, on time and on budget as per the agreements
· Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of project, and development of mitigation measures at the field level
· With guidance from Program Officer – Protection ensure appropriate analysis and project results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of project design and implementation
· Lead the district level coordination and initiate different initiatives to align the project impacts with the government strategy and plan
· In coordination with Program Officer - Protection relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local and district levels in alignment with project strategy/plan at the field level
· Provide timely feedback to the project staffs in time to guide the project on its quality and standard.
· Ensure Planning Monitoring and reporting of the project is on time and with quality
· Support the Program Manager on reporting, documenting best practices and evidences through a proper database and information management system
· Monitor the CP and CFLG activities done in the field area
· Promote and raise awareness on safeguarding measure and compliances within the organization, team and the community
· Integrated workforce management to be more strategic and effective in delivering results
· Lead in effective governance, child and adult safe organization compliances and are practiced well
Academic Qualification and Experience:
Bachelor in Social Work, child rights, human rights or relevant discipline with five year of experience in Child protection related project (preferably system strengthening and life skills projects)
· Knowledge on child protection mechanism, life skills and child club management, positive parenting and positive discipline child marriage, child labour and gender based violence and ability to analyze context to inform the project
· Well informed and disseminate message on Protection Sector and priorities, project model (Child Protection & Advocacy - system strengthening, Life skills)
· Knowledge related on Government policy, programme priorities, needs and issues in relation to the sector priorities
· Good understanding on operation issues like timely and quality delivery of services, good planning and monitoring skill.
· Good understanding on the Implementation guideline and able to mentor it to the project staffs
· Good knowledge on the project management tool
· Sound knowledge & skill on project risk analysis and management.
· Good Analytical Skills to analysis project related data and incorporate in the report
· Good ability in report writing skills for developing the periodic report like monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual
· Sound knowledge on supply chain management and able to manage the risks on time to support the efficient implementation
· Monthly and quarterly target and expense tracking and review of expenses
· Monthly budget forecast and planning skills and able to manage the finance efficiently
· Verification of vouchers and guide to project staffs while support needed
· Good understanding on Internal and external audit management
· Meet financial requirement and deadline as per compliances
· Good understanding on financial management system like supporting documents for voucher, advance settlement process, managing the under-spends etc
· Sound skills in coaching and mentoring of staffs and target group
· Ability to conduct workshop and training to the field mobilizers and local level stakeholders
· Good planning skills for project staffs development and growth.
· Good skills in guiding the process of staff career development plan
· Good analytical skills to manage the anticipated risk on time
· Conduct periodic staff performance appraisals against the set performance objectives contributing to Project deliverables with proper performance management system in place
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Sound skills to make periodic Design, Monitoring and Evaluation plan
· Sound knowledge on monitoring tools and methods
· Good analysis and presentation skills
· Skills to incorporate the findings/feedback into programming
· Project database (such as producer database) establishment monitoring and interpretation skill
· Skills on Stakeholders mapping and mobilization for broader benefit of the project
· Good skills on facilitation of meeting and proper documentation
· Capacity to identify local advocacy issues and priorities around protection programming at the local level
· Maintaining the database with the information of Local Level Child Protection System, stakeholders, and Life skills and its update and monitoring at the local level
· Interpretation skill to manage relationship with the Line Agencies and other like-minded organization in the local level
Child and adult safe guarding and sponsorship business
· Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive
· Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
· Support the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
· Manage all the sponsorship businesses as per the protocols and guidance provided by WVIN
· Registered children participation are well reflected in the provided reporting platforms
· Ensure operationalization of World Vision’s Child Sponsorship standards, Development Project Standards and sponsorship integration in all phases of programming
Interested candidates can send their updated CV with an application letter at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 P.M. by 5th November 2020. Please mention your position name in subject of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for further process. CDS reserves right to accept or reject any submission of applications.