mobilisers will be based in the community and will facilitate implementation of
Community Engagement Sponsorship Plan’s interventions at the community level to
ensure that children are loved, protected and empowered and that the
communities contribute towards child wellbeing outcomes. The position will
facilitate strong community and partner engagement and ownership of Sponsorship
essentials; Child protection minimum requirements, Child friendly local
governance, Sponsorship activities that
promote children’s participation and well-being; and monitor and track RC’s
presence and wellbeing, This position also will ensure the
benefit and participation of registered children and families from WVIN’s
project activities in the impact areas.
· Support in development of local child (MVC) selection criteria for the registration of children for child sponsorship based on World Vision’s global standards and WVIN’s criteria of vulnerability.
· Support to ensure Child Sponsorship approach as well as Sponsorship Essentials ( Community led care and protection; Children’s participation and voice) is introduced to community groups and local stakeholders in ways that are easily understood
· Engage and support in Sponsorship essentials during SIP reflection, PQSR and AP Annual Community Review Planning processes
· Ensure that child monitoring, planning with sectoral staffs for Child wellbeing case management, analysis, follow up and reporting takes place as per World Vision’s Global Child Sponsorship standards
· Ensure RC and their families are intentionally included in the AP’s programming interventions as part of transformational development.
· Facilitate and support children in the field to capture Children Led Most Significant Change Story
· Identify and facilitate to address Critical Emergency Needs of most vulnerable children and families.
· Execute Community GN, BBB, and New Year Gift Kit on the basis of community needs, request and designed concept note in consultation with local stakeholders and targeted beneficiaries when and where relevant.
· Execute micro projects based on community needs, request and designed concept note in consultation with local stakeholders and targeted beneficiaries.
· Coordinate and facilitate annual Preliminary Health Screening camps for children in PIA schools in coordination with local government, schools and other stakeholders
· Support, mobilize and monitor the community level CP activities with the community level stakeholders like ward office, ward mechanism, child club, life skills clubs and school, and parents
· Support implementation of child friendly local governance (CFLG) initiatives in coordination with the ward and municipal office.
· Ensure Community Sponsorship essentials are delivered on time with quality when and where relevant
A. Academic Qualification and Experience:
· Higher Secondary degree (+ 2) in any relevant field [Essential]
· Higher Secondary degree (+ 2) in any relevant field with more than 1 years’ experience in Sponsorship Field. [preferred]
B. Sector Knowledge:
· Understanding of poverty issues, development theories and sustainable development practices and knowledge on child rights
· Strong understanding of community dynamics with skills to communicate and build rapport with children and community
· Good translation skills both English to Nepali and vice versa [Preferred]
· Strong coordination skills with local level stakeholders (Parents, school management committee, child clubs, health institutions, M/Rural municipality, wards, cooperatives and various community groups)
· Latest technology friendly (Use of Smart phones, digital cameras, tablets)
· Computer and Technology literacy; Good computer skills including Word and Excel [preferred]
· Strategic alignment
· Knowledge around CP and CFLG mechanism at the local level
C. Project Management:
· Risk management
· Planning & Reporting
· Coordination and collaboration
· Data management
D. Capacity Building
· CSBO (child sponsorship basic orientation) orientation
· SBT(sponsorship basic training)
· Sponsorship 2.0
· Quality correspondence
· CBOs and conduct TOT on WV's identity, Sponsorship Approach, CWB objectives, and Sponsorship Essentials
· Skills to coordinate and mobilize multi stakeholders at local level
· Skills to conduct community level activities
· SIP reflection bi-annual
· PQSR bi-annual
· Pre & post distribution monitoring
F. Relationship Management:
· Advocacy and other profiling
· Team cohesion
· Represent in field level meeting, workshop and planning process
· Advocacy and other profiling
· Team cohesion
G. Work Environment
· Field Based position with monthly or bi monthly travel to district office
· Willingness to work outside office hours especially when traveling and working with sponsor/donor visits, critical child wellbeing cases of registered children, emergencies and sponsorship business peak hours
H. Core capabilities
· Achieving quality results & service. Practicing accountability & integrity. Communicating information effectively. Thinking clearly, deeply & broadly. Learning for growth & development. Maintaining work/life balance & effectiveness. Building collaborative relationships. Practicing gender & cultural diversity. Influencing individuals & groups. Ability to maintain confidentiality
Detail job description can be viewed through the link mentioned above.
Interested candidates can send their updated CV with an application letter at email@example.com before 5 P.M. by 5th November 2020. Please mention your position name in subject of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for further process. CDS reserves right to accept or reject any submission of applications.