The Livelihood project officer will be responsible for implementation of livelihood activities in the Building Resilience with Children in Kathmandu’s brick Kilns (BRiCKK) project and will engage/support and coach the target group on economic and non-economic topics like development, livelihood, resilience and alternative business in brick industries. The Livelihood Officer will be responsible for helping the brick industry worker to improve their wellbeing by identifying best livelihood options considering their needs, mobilizing them into groups and individual furthermore helping them to identify alternative income, market opportunities, improving their general skills such as saving habits, economic literacy, self-employment, vocational training, entrepreneurship meanwhile administering the components of the project. The position holder will be responsible to disseminate social protection scheme of government to brick worker and linkage them to get the scheme.
· Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and
· targets(Community mobilization, brick industries, identifying income generation opportunities)
· Coordinate activities between target group, specialists, local actors and available
· Gather and report marketplace information, communicate organization message to the
· Manage target group expectations by setting participatory action plans, risk analysis and
· long term milestones
· Attend and participate in Monthly and annual workshops organized by organization
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Academic Qualification and Experience
· Bachelor degree related to social sciences and/or commercial fields (economics, business
administration, marketing, social work) and have at least 2 year of working on building livelihood capabilities.
· Knowledge on supporting to alternative income activities to brick industry worker
· Proven ability and experience in working with vulnerable groups for uplifting their livelihood
· Experience working in eradicating child labour throughout livelihood support to their parents
· Experience in Micro Finance and banking
· Experience in organizing capacity-building activities
· Good Presentation skill on livelihood activities
· Know how to literate brick worker on saving habits
· Facilitation on Government Social Protection Scheme
· Basic understanding on the importance of Networking and Liaise with Local child protection and promotion committee, Ward/Municipal Office, community based informal groups, local government, employer association and government service provider
· Support in organizing joint initiatives with these local authorities and groups
· Good skills on Implementation and planned activities
· Good reporting skills and database management for the Ward/Municipal level stakeholders and groups
· Good understanding on financial management system like supporting documents for voucher, advance settlement process, managing under-spends
· Good communication skills to deal with project team and stakeholders
· Good skills in mobilizing the brick worker and their group for improvement of their livelihood
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Experience collecting information from the community/brick industry
· Knowledge to understand assessment process and findings
· Skills to do FGDs and Interview as a part of assessment/evaluation
Detail job description can be viewed through the link mentioned above.
Interested candidates can send their updated CV with an application letter at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 P.M. by 5th November 2020. Please mention your position name in subject of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for further process. CDS reserves right to accept or reject any submission of applications.